ETS - 3.5inch Intercooler KitETS-Rx7-FD-ICKIT-SBOV-25
The performance of this unit is second to none. We developed it on our shop car (yellow FD in the pictures) which runs a T66, Haltech and all other supporting mods. When we first put the car together it had an Apexi FMIC kit on it we saw decent results but the charge air temps would creep up to 140-150 degrees. Slight detonation would occur in 3rd, 4th and 5th gears as observed on the J&S Knock sensor unit. Also because the tanks were wide and the core was small, the coolant temps were regularly over 210 degrees. All of this was with a pump gas tune at 21psi (10.5 AFR - 10 degrees ignition timing). When we switched to the kit pictured above the charge air temperatures dropped to 110 degrees and the highest we have ever seen is 122 degrees. This reduction in charge air temperature has allowed us to run 23psi regularly on pump gas with no detonation. In addition to the reduced charge air temperatures, the coolant temps dropped to 185-195 degrees and never exceed 200 degrees. All of this is with a stock bumper. We have had a handful of customer cars with body kits that see even larger temp reuctions. Typical results for a T66 turbo at 20psi is 95-110 degree charge air temperatures and 180-185 degree coolant temperatures. In addition to the low temperatures these kits provide, the ETS intercooler kit completely fills the stock bumper opening with core and body kits much better than any other kits we have seen with it's ultra wide 30" tank to tank dimension.
- Bolts to Existing Holes on Vehicle
- SS T-Bolt Clamps
- Short Route Piping for quick spool up
- Eliminates Knock at high boost levels
- Modular design allows for upgrade to single turbo with one pipe
- Requires removal of bumper support
- Battery and Radiator stays in stock location
- Available in anodized Black, Blue, Gold, and Red.
- Bar and Plate Core: 25in x 9in x 3.5in
- Piping: 2.5in Mandrel Bent Steel Wrinkle Black
- Fills Whole Grill with Core
- Work with USA and JDM fog lights
- Fills the grill on most aftermarket body kits
- Mazda RX-7 1993-1995